Thursday, February 10, 2011

Be Creative with Betsy - charms


I participated in a handmade charm exchange, thought it would be fun to see what others were doing in the craft world, I also hate to miss out on fun project.  Last year while I worked at a craft store I made little charms to hang off my name tag, this helped to initiate conversation and also sell product, mainly stamps and ink.  The charms were hugely popular and many would anxiously wait to see how I changed the charms with the seasons.  I created the charms using Shrinky Dink plastic, that is available in craft stores, I like to use the paper with the frosted side because I can color it with my pencils and the color seems to stay on well.  I stamp the image with Staz On ink because obviously it Staz On, I really only stamp with Black, just a personal preference.  I cut the images out being mindful that if I am going to make a charm I need to cut a place to put the jumb ring through, then I carefully punch with a medium size hole punch in the loop I had cut out extra at the top of the head.  I put the charms on a foil lined cookie sheet and baked them in the oven at 250 for about 10 minutes, they shrink down nicely, if they are not flat I press them down with  my finger.  They are ready for the jump rings to be added.  I personally like double jump rings but if I am sending them off to others I put single jump rings on as the doubles take some time to master with the little charms.

Fun - is a new creation.
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment