Sunday, March 6, 2011

Anna's Cake suprise 2010


This past summer I figured out how to make a paper cake with my cricut, as a special surprise for a special little gal, I made this "chocolate cake".  The first cake I made, for Anna was not child like enough so I went back to work and came up with something a bit more whimsical to my satisfaction.  The cartridges I used were:  I decided to use a Santa and Mrs. Claus head alternating along the outside of the cake, these were cut from Paper Doll Dress Up, because the little heads did not cover the places where the boxes met - I added a candy cane to cover the crevice up  the candy can was made with the  ___________ cartridge, I cut them a little larger than I should have so to compensate for the large size I cut peppermints from the __________cartridge, I dressed them up with a shimmer pen so that the light blue would look like a wrapper.  I cut the Russian Stacking dolls for the top from the Paisley Cartridge to decorate the top of the cake, the reason I decorated with these was to reflect Anna's Grandfather's heretige I cut the dolls 5 inches to 1/4 inch (boy was that small to decorate)!  Finally to finish up the top I cut Merry Christmas using the ______________ cartridge and then a large peppermint.  I think it looked great, and I hear that it supplied a great deal of creative time for the recipient over the holidays, many collages were made using all the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment